This refers to the provisioning alternatives for getting Chevereto installed in your server. It takes from granted that your server meets all the system requirements.
# A. Install using our Installer (recommended)
The chevereto/installer (opens new window) is a single
.php file which will download and extract the latest release in the target destination.
- Upload the installer (opens new window) to your server target destination (usually the
- Open your website at
/installer.phpand follow the process.
The installer will prompt with steps to install the software, after that it will download the software, extract it and it will post to
/install the data previously provided.
The installer works on top of HTTP so it relies in many sub-systems that could fail. If doesn't work for you the recommendation is to follow another install procedure.
- If you get an Unable to perform HTTP request it means that URL rewriting and/or other systems are preventing the installer to issue HTTP requests to
- It fails before extracting the software: Switch to manual installation
- It fails after extracting the software: Go to
/installto continue the process
⚠ In both cases REMOVE the
# B. Install using Docker
Docker allows you to easily install a container version of the software.
👏🏾 All the Docker images are user provided (opens new window). If you know about more Docker images let's us know to list it here. Thanks for contributing!
Note: when using Docker with the paid edition check that the image support our
- linuxserver/chevereto (opens new window) (fleet (opens new window)) thanks to linuxserver.io (opens new window) - support (opens new window)
- nmtan/chevereto (opens new window) thanks to Tan Nguyen (opens new window)
- zaywalker/chevereto (opens new window) thanks to Jae Yoon KIM (opens new window)
- einverne/chevereto (opens new window) thanks to Ein Verne (opens new window)
Check our guides section for user provided guides on setting up a Docker environment.
# C. Install via zip
- Download the latest release (opens new window)
- Upload all the contents of the
cheveretofolder to your server (usually in the
- Go to your target website URL and follow the instructions
# D. Install using Softaculous/Fantastico
If your web hosting includes Softaculous (opens new window)/Fantastico (opens new window), you can install Chevereto-Free with just one click, it should be available for one-click install under the "Image Galleries" category.
Note: Our paid edition isn't available in these script libraries. However, you can install Chevereto Free and then one-click upgrade it to the paid edition directly from the
/dashboard you will find the required cron entry for your installation. You must provide this to fullfil the application background jobs.
# Install issues
Most common install issue is missing system requirements so make sure that you are running a compatible system and that all the data is correct like working MySQL credentials and privileges.
Check our community support (opens new window) in case you need help with the server provisioning